K2 (8,611m) is the world’s second highest mountain after Mt. Everest. It is located at the border between China and Pakistan. It is said to be much more technically difficult mountain to summit than Mt. Everest. The most popular and generally considered one of the most popular routes to K2 is the Abruzzi Spur. Till date, many international expedition teams have succeeded in ascending to the summit of K2 via the Abruzzi Spur. The route leads us about 300 ft. up steep wind-packed snow towards the summit ridge. From the summit of K2, we can see the 360-degree view of Mount Gasherbrums (I-VII), Masherbrum, Mustagh Tower and Chogolisa. The summit lies vertically 650m above Camp 4 between 7,520m and 8,000m.
While passing through this avalanche-prone route, one should be very careful. K2 is also called ‘The Savage Mountain’ due to the extreme difficulty of ascent and highest fatality rate among the world’s eight thousand highest mountains.
We can complete K2 expedition within the time span of eight weeks (from/to Islamabad) or if we wish as long as ten weeks or more depending on the weather conditions. After the summit, we cross over the 6,000m high Gondogoro Pass and descend to the beautiful green Hushe valley until we reach Skardu.
We have been running K2 expedition in Pakistan for over 8 years and we know all of the permits procedures, yak drivers, and hoteliers personally over there. We have our own highly experienced, hard-working Sherpa climbers, high altitude guides, cooks, and porters from Nepal. Any individual team member can join us for K2 expedition in Pakistan.
- Day 01: Arrival Islamabad and Transfer to hotel
- Day 02: Free day in Islamabad
- Day 03: Fly to Skardu or drive (if weather condition is not favorable)
- Day 04: Free day in Skardu briefing at tourism department of Gilgit Baltistan
- Day 05: Drive to Askole by Jeep
- Day 06: Trek to Johla
- Day 07: Trek to Paiyu
- Day 08: Rest Day at Paiyu
- Day 09: Trek to Urdukas
- Day 10: Trek to Goro II
- Day 11: Trek to Concordia Broad peak Base camp
- Day 12: Trek to K2 Base camp
- Day 13-45: Climbing period of Mount K2 (8,611m)
- Day 46: Trek back to Goro II
- Day 47: Trek back to Khuburtze
- Day 48: Trek back to Mungrong
- Day 49: Trek back to Askole
- Day 50: Drive to Skardu by jeep & farewell dinner
- Day 51: Fly back to Islamabad
- Day 52: Departure towards your home country
- International and domestic airport transfer
- 4 Nights hotel accommodation in Islamabad and 4 nights hotel accommodation in Skardu with breakfast
- Land and air domestic transportation cost for our overall expedition crew for the entire expedition
- Climbing permit for K2 & all necessary documents
- Food for trekking and whole expedition
- Government Liaison officer
- Base camp cook & kitchen helpers
- National park & garbage disposal fees
- Porter up to Base camp & return from Base camp
- Helicopter rescue insurance for high altitude climbing guide, cook, and staffs
- 50 kg per member as personal baggage
- Base camp Tents, Dining, Kitchen, Store, Toilet, Hot shower, Mattresses, Table & Chairs, Cooking gears etc.
- Generator or Solar panel will be provided at Base camp
- Daily weather forecast during the entire expedition
- Oxygen: 5 bottle for member and 4 bottle for each Climbing Sherpa. Extra Oxygen for emergencies stored at Base camp (chargeable as per use)
- VE25 North face or any other branded tents at base camp and C1/C2/C3 & C4
- One Set of Top Out or Summit mask & Regulator for each member and Sherpa
- Satellite Phone and walkie talkie for communication
- One professional K2 summiter Sherpa guide per Member
- Necessary cooking gas, cooking pot, high food, climbing ropes and other climbing gears for C1/C2/C3/C4 and summit
- Climbing Sherpa equipment allowance, carrying bonus, transportation, accommodation, summit bonus and his daily wages.
- Lunch & dinner during your stay in Islamabad and Skardu
- Internet, laundry, any acoholic beverages, personal climbing equipment and shopping
- Visa fees upon arrival as per the rules of Pakistan government
- Personal insurance such as: Travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation and lost luggage.
Note: Kindly make a Helicopter Search and Rescue policy in your Insurance
|Trip Dates||Space||Book Now|