Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek lies in the remote area and considered to be the most beautiful trekking route in Nepal. It is a long trek that goes deep into the trans- Himalayan border adjoining with Sikkim (India) and Tibet (China). During the trek you will explore infinite variety of landscapes, ethnic cultures and panoramic views of the Himalayas. At the beginning of the trekking we walk through the low lands of terraced fields, colorful villages, yak pastures and green forests of pink barked rhododendrons towards the alpine region. As the trail gains altitude, gorgeous views of Everest, Lhotse, Makalu & Kanchenjunga, the world’s highest mountains make this trek a most rewarding. Musk deer and blue sheep are mostly found here and also the abominable snowman YETI is believed to exist here. It is inhabited by a few scattered population and is a real wild terrain of Nepal.
In the Kanchenjunga Circuit, you will explore both the north and south base camps. While trekking, you will encounter local Tibetan refugees, who welcome you with hospitality and smiling faces as you walk through the upper parts of Kanchanjunga region. Kanchenjunga is graded as a challenging trek due to its remoteness and high altitude. You will find very few other trekkers on the trails. Those who opt for Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek should be physically fit enough to walk for at least 6 hours a day.
March to May ( Spring season) and September to November (autumn season) are considered the best months to trek to Kanchenjunga Circuit. The weather during this period of time will be good enough to provide an mesmerizing view of the Himalayas.
Pioneer Adventure offers fixed departures to Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek every Spring and Autumn.
- International and domestic airport transfers
- All ground transportation by Jeep, Van or bus (Kathmandu to Trekking starting point & trekking ending point to Kathmandu)
- Domestic airfare (Kathmandu-Bhadrapur-Kathmandu) including airport tax
- Four nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Two man tent, dining tent, toilet tent, table & chairs, shower tent, kitchen utensils, mattresses
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner with hot drinks and tea/coffee
- Cook, kitchen helpers and necessary porters (each porter carries 20kg load)
- All wages, equipment, food, medical and accident insurances for involved crew in trekking
- Camp Site reservation at every location during the trek
- TIMS (trekking information management system)
- Kanchenjunga conservation area entry permit fee
- Kanchenjunga area special permit fee
- English speaking local expert trekking guide
- First aid medical kits for the group and crew
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant in Kathmandu
- Nepal entry visa. You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. A multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 50 or equivalent in foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 125. Please bring 2 passport-size photos
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu hotel
- Any packed food/snacks, energy drinks, water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars
Items of personal nature, laundry expenses, tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landline phone, mobiles, walkie-talkies, satellite phones and internet
- Clothing packing items or bags, personal medical kit
- Personal trekking gear (Down Jacket and Sleeping Bags)
- Personal Travel insurance
- International airfare